Evolution Athletics is a sport performance facility located in Lawrence, Kansas. We specialize in improving athletic performance through strength training and increasing movement efficiency through speed, power, agility and plyometric drills.
Meet the TEAM
- NSCA – Certified Personal Trainer
- IYCA – Speed and Agility Specialist
- First Aid and CPR Certified
Coach Tyler Naylor has been a personal trainer for over 10 years. Tyler began his career in 2007 as a personal trainer where he began training numerous executive clients and professionals. Over the last 7 years he has been able to help impact the lives of many local athletes including a professional golfer, 3 MLB draft picks, and over 20 collegiate signees. A major highlight of Tyler’s career is helping the 2015 Free State firebird baseball team win a class 6A state championship.
To train each individual to move and perform as efficiently as possible, using proper movement patterns, mobility, strength, and stabilization.
- Sport performance, injury prevention
- 1on1, small group, and team training
- Speed, power and strength development
- Dynamic movement, mobility, flexibility, and soft-tissue work
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- BS Ball State University; Exercise Science
- MS Indiana University; Applied Sport Science
- Personal Training since 2014
- Head Strength Coach Haskell Indian Nations University 2012–2014
- Grad Asst. UW La-Crosse
- Strength & Conditioning Internship with Indiana Pacers – Worked with notable athletes such as; Tyler Hansbrough, Roy Hibbert, AJ Price, Luther Head, TJ Ford, Danny Granger, Troy Murphy, and Brandon Rush
- Strength & Conditioning Intern: Ball State University 2008–2010
Coaching each athlete to master complex movement patterns through a pain free full range of motion. I believe in teaching every athlete mastery of the basic movements (or their variations of) squat, deadlift, pushing, pulling, cleans, jerks, and snatches.
- Randall Coburn graduated from the University of Kansas and lived in Lawrence for 7 years, where he ran his Sport Performance and Personal Training Business. He has most recently lived in Dallas, Texas where he was the Performance Manager for the World Renowned PerformanceTraining Company EXOS.
- Randall brings a combined 10 years of management and coaching experience with some of the top athletes in the world, including:
- Coached over 60 Collegiate Football Players in preparation for the NFL Combine, including 6 first round NFL Draft Picks.
- Trained over 300 US Special Forces for battle, including Delta Force, Navy Seals, Air Force Special Forces, and Army Rangers.
- Prepared the Argentinian World Cup Rugby Team for the 2013 Rugby World Cup.
- Coached, Programmed, and Mentored hundreds of professional athletes, including Major League Baseball Players, NFL Players, NHL Hockey Players, Professional Volleyball Players, Japanese Track and Field Olympic Athletes, and Executive Clients.
- Randall is humbled and excited to help Evolution Athletics become one of the best Training Facilities in the Lawrence and surrounding areas